Sunday 27 January 2013

Kindle Hd Fire Review

Last month I treated myself to a 32gb Kindle Fire HD. Since I have been using this product for over a month now, I thought I should give you guys a review of my product. 




I toyed with the idea of buying a new Kindle Fire HD for over a month and, of course, I read all the reviews here and on other websites

During a setup process (which was fast, easy and very intuitive) I was asked about my time zone and, of course, the device was registered in the UK. The device itself is very nicely built and it is a pleasure to hold it, actually it has a much more pleasant feel than an iPad. I bought the Amazon Kindle Fire HD cover in red, which fits nicely around the kindle and it also came with a free screen protector and pen (how cool). 


It is comfortable to hold and has a pleasant feel. The screen is just FANTASTIC! Speakers are better than on any other tablet or even on louder than my laptop. I never liked an iPad because of its size. It is just not convenient to carry it with you all the time, and to read it on public transport is about the same as to read a big art book. A 7 inch tablet is just perfect, you can carry it in your pocket. It was really easy to connect to WiFi and to sign on to my email accounts. I have two email accounts and both work really well on Kindle Fire HD. 




I installed ES File Explorer (Essential!), Battery HD (Essential!), BBC Media Player, BBC iPlayer, BBC News app, UK News Online app. Aswell as the famous games Temple run one and two, Angry Birds, The dark Knight rises full game, bubble shooter, Pacman and many more. I have read a number of books now on my kindle, the table also has different options as to how the written text is presented and it allows you to change the size, colour and font of the writing to suit you. 





I have transferred over 500 tracks on to my device which was easy to put. Simply connect the kindle to your computer/laptop and copy and paste your media files (mp3, mp4, or wmv) to the selected files in the storage folder.  Music sounds fantastic. Now I can listen to music and watch my favourite films while travelling. And when I play these films I am given three options of which player to use (including A8, which I downloaded). Films in MP4 play fine on all of them. So far I didn't try to watch any films on LoveFilm and probably won't as I don't want to have a subscription.


Summing up, if somebody is in two minds on whether to buy a Kindle Fire HD, my advice will be - don't hesitate, buy it! And don't read too many reviews. :-)
I hope you enjoy your Kindle as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment